dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

The Heretic's Daughter: A Novel

The Heretic's Daughter - Kathleen Kent (review of uncorrected proof) - I've always been fascinated with the era of the Salem Witch Trials and the people involved. In "The Heretic's Daughter" Kathleen Kent tells the story of a survivor of the trials, one of her ancestors, Sarah Carrier. Sarah is 11 years old when she and her mother are accused of witchcraft. Martha Carrier, Sarah's mother, is one of the few accused who refused to compromise the truth. She held up under torture and never confessed to witchcraft. Kent tells a quiet but powerful story of a distressing time in American history and a family that rises above their tragedy. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading others by this author. My one disappointment in the book is the lack of notes. I can tell that the author has done lots of research for this book, and I'd love to know her sources. However, my copy is an uncorrected proof. Maybe a notes section will be included in the finished volume.