dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

College Girl

College Girl - Patricia Weitz This book was almost painful to read. Not because of the writing - that was pretty good; almost stream of consciousness but with better grammar and sentence construction. No, the painful part of this was the main character, Natalie Bloom. A twenty year old college student just going to UConn after spending time at community college first. She has no self-esteem and isn't sure how to interact with the other students around her. Weitz makes us feel her pain, her uncertainty. The novel covers the semester that Natalie "grows up" if you will, and describes, in painful detail, all the false steps Natalie takes. Maybe the reason this was so hard to read is that many of the feelings expressed by Natalie are so familiar. I imagine that most every woman in the world has felt them at some time. This book could spark many lively discussions in book clubs.