dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon

The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon - David Grann I love narrative histories. One of my favorite authors is Erik Larson (Thunderstruck, Devil in the White City). Unfortunately, good narrative history is scarce as hen's teeth! Well, David Grann has done it. The Lost City of Z reads like an adventure novel. Grann follows British explorer Percy Fawcett as he searches the Amazon for Z. Z is Fawcett's name for the city Spanish conquistadores called El Dorado. Fawcett disappeared, along with his younger son and a friend, searching for this city. Grann has the knack of getting you right inside his subject's head and letting you know what he is thinking. But, he bases it all on solid research. In fact, all the quotes in this book are from letters, diaries, and articles written by Fawcett or his contemporaries. Grann includes the list of these sources at the end of the book, as well as an extensive bibliography of further reading.