dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

Hammered

Hammered - Kevin Hearne I have a new favorite author. Kevin Hearne has hit three straight home runs with his new trilogy. Hammered is the third book and it's just as good - actually better - than the first two. Atticus O'Sullivan is a refreshing change from the dark, moody, snarky hero/heroine that is the norm these days in urban fantasy. He's comfortable in his own skin, he enjoys life and the people around him, and he tries his best (really!!) to avoid trouble. When trouble finds him, he deals with it straight-forwardly, does what's needed, and goes on with his life. There's no huge outpouring of angst. That's not to say he doesn't mourn the loss of friends, he just doesn't dwell on what can't be changed. I'm so glad these books came out so close together. I'm just sorry that now I have to wait for the next installment.