dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

Double or Nothing: How Two Friends Risked It All to Buy One of Las Vegas' Legendary Casinos - Tom Breitling, Cal Fussman I'm a sucker for a good "rags to riches" story, and this is one of the better ones I've read. Tim Poster and Tom Breitling start a room reservation service in Vegas that becomes TravelScape, which is then sold to Expedia for $105 million. They then buy the Golden Nugget, turn it into the showplace of downtown Vegas, and sell it for $113 million profit the next year. The book feels very much like having a friendly conversation with Breitling over a drink. He tells about the joys and trials of trying to remake a casino under the all-seeing eye of "reality TV" and finds out just how "real" it is. He explains how - and WHY - his partnership with Tim works. All in all, it's a great read about a great friendship.