dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

150lbs Gone Forever

150 Pounds Gone Forever: How I Lost Half My Size and You Can Too - Diane Carbonell As a diet goes, there's not much here that you won't find in every other diet book around. The main thrust here is controlling portion size and keeping fat consumption to 30% or less of your daily calorie intake (and exercise, exercise, exercise!). The big difference in this diet book is that the author was morbidly obese and bares her soul to tell how she got that way and what life was like before she lost the weight. She admits there is no quick fix and does her best to prepare her readers for the pitfalls along the way. This book includes a number of worksheets to help the reader understand his/her relationship with food and to help map out plans for what to do when the reader faces particular challenges in the weight loss journey. There are a number of recipes included with the book. I haven't had a chance to try these yet, but a number of them look delicious.