dulcibelle

Riva's Reads

I read just about anything with words - especially cozy mysteries and urban fantasy.

Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Carrie Vaughn
Loki’s Wolves
Kelley Armstrong, Melissa Marr
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter
Connie Bennett
Ghosts of 42nd Street
Anthony Bianco
Hunted
Kevin Hearne

Queen of the Air: A True Story of Love and Tragedy at the Circus

Queen of the Air: A True Story of Love and Tragedy at the Circus - Dean Jensen A somewhat interesting, but not riveting, biography of two circus performers from the early 1900's, both aerialists. Lillian Leitzel and Alfredo Codona performed with the Ringling Brothers circus at various times in their careers. Leitzel (as she was known) specialized in the Roman rings, doing as many as 100 turns on those rings twice a day. Alfredo was a trapeze artist, the only one of his time to consistantly perform a triple somersault from the bar. Both their lives ended tragically. I found the book more interesting for its information on circus life in general rather than the information on these specific performers. I just couldn't connect with either performer; I don't think I would have liked either of them "in real life".